The list of the movies nominated by the Academy of Motion Picture Art and Sciences was released on January 13th. Among the movies selection at least six of them had Angénieux lenses in their equipment list.
- The Irishman by Martin Scorsese (DP Rodrigo Prieto) with a myriad of nominations: Best cinematography, Best Picture, Best actor in a supporting role (Al Pacino and Joe Pesci), Best Directing, Best Film Editing, Best Production Design) Best visual effects, Best writing (Adapted screenplay)
- Little Women / Les Filles du Docteur March by Greta Gerwig (DP Yorick Le Saux) with 5 nominations: Best picture, Best actress in a leading role (Saoirse Ronan), Best actress in a. Supporting role (Florence Pugh), Best costume design, Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
- A Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood / Un Ami Extraordinaire by Marielle Heller (DP Jodi Lee Lipes), one nomination for Best Actor in a supporting role (Tom Hanks)
- The Two Popes / Les Deux Papes by Fernando Meirelles (DP Cesar Charlone) with 3 nominations : Best Actor in a leading role (Jonathan Pryce), Best actor in a supporting role (Anthony Hopkins), Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
- Bombshell / Scandale by Jay Roach (DP Barry Ackroyd), 3 nominations also :Best actress a leading role (Charlize Theron), Best actress in a supporting role (Margot Robbie), Best Make Up and Hairstyling
- Angénieux will particularly follow French movie “Les Misérables” by Ladj Ly. Les Miserables is the first feature film of director Ladj Ly. Grand Prix du Jury at Cannes Film Festival, it has been selected to represent France for Oscars 2020 and nominated by the Academy for Best International Feature Film. Cinematographer Julien Poupard, AFC who signs the pictures used only Angenieux zoom lenses (Optimo 15-40, Optimo 28-76 and Optimo 45-120) for the entire movie. Read BTS story on the Angénieux blog.
We wish the best to all nominees.
The winner list to come on February 9, 2020.