Shooting pictures, making a movie, being selected in the most prestigious Festivals all around the world: this is what all young cinematographers dream of.
Angénieux lenses can help. The quality of pictures, the very specific cinematic Angenieux look that cinematographers have enjoyed over the past decades with the famed Optimo line contribute to the perception of a movie.
Every year film Festivals all over the world select their list of productions. Angénieux zoom lenses are often in the equipment list of these productions.
Golden Globes 2017- Hollywood – January 8, 2017
Angénieux zooms were on 4 of 5 nominated movies in Best Motion Picture –Drama section: Moonlight, Comancheria /Hell or High Water (Optimo A2S), Manchester by Sea, Hacksaw Ridge. Moonlight wins the Golden Globes 2017 for Best Motion Picture.
Césars 2017 – Paris – February 24, 2017
In the list of selected movies for a Cesar 2017, at least 7 movies were shot in Angénieux: Elle (11 nominations), Ma Loute (9 nominations), Mal de Pierres (8 nominations), Chocolat (5 nominations), Les Innocentes (4 nominations), Réparer les Vivants and Manchester by the Sea.
Among the six cinematographers in the race to the César de la Meilleure Photo (Best Cinematography), Caroline Champetier (Les innocentes), Stéphane Fontaine (Elle), Guillaume Deffontaines (Ma Loute), Christophe Beaucarne (Mal de Pierres) had an Angénieux zoom in their equipment list. To note, the brand new compact Optimo Anamorphic 56-152 and 30-72 A2S were on sets of Ma Loute and Mal de Pierres. Elle, big win of the ceremony, received the César 2017 du Meilleur Film.
Oscars 2017 – Hollywood – February 26, 2017
In the list of selected movies for an Oscar 2017 in the Best Picture or Best Cinematography sections, five were shot in Angénieux : Hacksaw Ridge,Moonlight ,Comancheria /Hell or High Water (Optimo A2S), Manchester by the Sea, Silence. Also selected at the Oscar 2017 and shot in Angénieux Captain Fantastic, Elle, Florence Foster Jenkins, Alliés, Star Trek Beyond.
Moonlight was another time honored by the cinema community and receives the Oscar 2017 for Best Picture. About the Optimo 56-152 A2S, Giles Nuttgens who photographed Hell or High Water said it is “the best anamorphic zoom ever built”
Cannes Film Festival – Cannes – May 17/28
In the movie selection at the 70th edition of Cannes Film Festival, Angénieux zoom lenses were on set of (not exhaustive list)
– Les Fantômes d’Ismaël / Ismaël’s Ghosts by Arnaud Desplechin -DoP Irina Lubtchansky
– 120 battements par minute / 120 beats per minute by Romain Campillo – DoP Jeanne Lapoirie AFC – Grand Prix du Jury
– Les Proies /The Beguiled by Sofia Coppola –DoP Philippe Le Sourd AFC
– Rodin by Jacques Doillon –DoP Christophe Beaucarne AFC
– Happy End by Michael Haneke –DoP Christian Berger
– Wonderstruck by Todd Haynes –DoP Edward Lachman ASC
– Le Redoutable by Michel Hazanavicius –DoP Guillaume Schiffman AFC
– L’amant Double / The Double Lover by François Ozon – DoP Manu Dacosse SBC
– Lerd / A Man of Integrity by Mohammad Rasoulof – DoP Askan Ashkani – Prix Un Certain Regard
– L’Atelier / The Workshop by Laurent Gantet – DoP Pierre Milon AFC
SEANCES SPECIALES / SPECIAL SCREENINGS
Promised land by Eugene Jarecki – DoPs Tom Bergman and Etienne Sauret
Nos Années Folles / Golden Years by André Téchiné – DoP Julien Hirsch
SEMAINE DE LA CRITIQUE / WEEK OF THE CRITICS
Une Vie Violente by Thierry de Peretti – DoP Claire Mathon
Let’s wait now for the Emmy Awards’ list, Camerimage, …